Ekaterina Tsvetkova – Instructor
Course Name: Conversational Russian (Beginner to Intermediate Level)
Course Learning Objectives
This is an introductory course for students with no prior knowledge of Russian.
This course aims to:
- develop your ability to comprehend Russian in a variety of social situations and to have a casual conversation.
- develop your ability to read and write in Russian, as well as expand the vocabulary.
- develop insights into the culture and business traditions of Russian-speaking countries.
Upon completion of this course, students are expected to be able to:
- write and read simple sentences and paragraphs in Russian.
- pronouns Russian words accurately.
- communicate using basic Russian expressions.
- express basic ideas and emotions in simple sentences and dialogues, e.g., introducing people, inquiring about their work and professional life, asking them about their interests etc.
- ask and answer questions in a variety of practical topics, e.g. pastimes, jobs, everyday life in Russian-speaking world, food, entertainment, family life etc.
- understand certain cultural differences and similarities between Russian-speaking countries and North America.